Monday, July 27, 2015

Reflections on the Trip

Our intrepid group
Killarney National Park

When I returned home, I was able to go into my Fitbit dashboard and see exactly
how many steps I walked/hiked.  From July 5-14 I walked 198,398 steps
(comparable to 90-100 miles, although most was up and down hills) with1,543 active minutes.
Four days were more that 25,000 steps.  Most rigorous
day was 29,595 steps and 262 active minutes!  Wow!  I'm proud of my
accomplishment.  Thanks to Maeve for challenging me and the great group.
We all helped each other make it!


A Few Random Memories

Hiking Gear
I was so happy to have a trekking pole!   I really do need to name it!

Favorite Modes of Transportation

Cable Car to Dursey Island
Boats on the Lakes of Killarney


Irish Brews and More

"Smiticks Pale Ale"
Murphy's Stout
Tom Crean's

Spanish white wines

Great Food - Seafood Galore and More

Seafood Pie and Salad at Breen's
Lobster Salad at Breen's
Scallops at Breen's
Hake and Risotto at Tom Crean's


Salmon Cake at Packie's

Crab Cake and Crab Claws at Packie's

Shepard's Pie and Lamb at The Lime Tree